For me personally, 2012 was not the year the world ended, but the year in which the world started. After 2,5 years my severe love sickness stopped. It might sound unimportant, over-dramatic, too personal, weak or stupid, but for me, my days are no longer filled with pain and sorrow and that’s a real big thing for me. Somehow, my brain tortured itself by thinking about her, and how I’ve lost such a great person in my life, 24 hours a day. Dreams haunted me. It seemed too hard. I tried to analyse and understand the pain. The pain of being left scratched open old scars from really long ago. It forced me to digest truly traumatic things from my past as a kid. I somehow manged to do it and cleared things up once and for all.
Now I feel all new. My skin turned healthy (I suffered severe eczema before I healed). I smile all the time. There is so much more room for new thoughts. It was hard, but it was necessary. Thanks!
2012 has been a great year for my art though. I made new work which satisfied me. A lot of positive feed back and publicity. Sold better than ever. Had very interesting projects, became more professional somehow, but didn’t get too serious, stayed cool an young.
Now, feeling all well and strong, I am confident things will continue to develop in a right direction. I’m surfing the right wave and surfing is a lot of fun. People suffering from having lost someone they love: take time for it, after digesting life becomes great.
1. Kings of Convenience- Mrs. Cold. Don’t misunderstand, it’s because one of them appeared to be my neighbor in Norway.
2. Sonic Youth- Diamond Sea. Classic.
3. Melvins- Shevil. Wind highs are living.
4. Kyuss- Gloria Lewis. If you wanna ride, baby, ride the wild horse
5. Neil Young- Dead Man Theme. I can play the acoustic part on my Fender Catalina, you the electric parts on your Les Paul.
6. Funkadelic- Free your mind and your ass will follow. :)
7. Jimmy Castor Bunch- Troglodyte. Grrrr.
8. Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip- Thou Shalt Always Kill. The Beatles? Just a band.
9. Lee Scratch Perry- Baby Krishna. Fire, fire, fire in a London town.
10. Mulate Astatke- Tezeta. It began in Africa.
(11) Dean Blunt Feat Inga Copeland – Narcissist II